April 23, 2012

Easter Break! Berlin, France, and London


Not even sure where to start. I have done and experienced so much. I started my 6 weeks break with a week in France, a week in Berlin, and the rest in Texas. I choose to go back to Texas because it was so much cheaper. I was spending too much money too fast while roaming the world and needed to recharge. In Texas that is exactly what I did. I spend about three week putting in sprinkler systems with my dad and made a nice sum of money doing it. I got to see my family and friends and it really helped with the home sickness. I don’t think it could have worked out better. But enough about Texas what is of interest here is Paris and Berlin. I will first mention the short day and a half that I was in London. I have already talked about London a lot so I will keep this short. The post in general will be kept short but I will attach a lot of pictures.

London – I stayed in my first hostel this night. A hostel rents out beds instead of rooms. Therefore, I stayed in the same room with 5 complete strangers. They were not strangers for long. We all ended up touring London together and had a blast. They were from Belgium. Here are a few pictures of us touring a museum:






Paris – It’s going to take some effort to make this short. Paris was very busy and very beautiful. One thing I could not help but notice is how it was not as clean as London. The tourist parts were clean but the normal city streets were not as clean. The city also seemed larger than London. I felt like an ant while I was there with tall buildings everywhere I went. A great place to visit! A whole week and I still did not have enough time to see all the incredible sights. Here are some of my hundreds of pictures:

Caption: I took this because I was so surprised at how these building were so big and in                                              every direction for miles!










                             Caption: I was trying to put it on my back... it was not as good as I hoped








 Caption: I asked an elderly man to take a picture of me. I guess he did not like the tower because he cut half of it out of the picture...



                                 Caption: Look at the small windy roads... just like the movies.













Berlin – This was my favorite! Berlin was a big city that felt like a small town. It was not too busy and full of small shops. I knew a girl from Berlin and stayed with her and her mom. Her friends were very nice and I had no problem fitting in. The entire place seemed very inviting. Unlike Paris, where I felt more or less excluded. I got to experience the German lifestyle in a home and this may had been what made it so special. The girl, her grandmother, and dad would all yell at each other from across the street. They all lived so close and seemed like such a close family. I got to see all sorts of things! Here are some pics:

     Caption: These first two photos are representative of a Berlin BBQ... I found this very amusing...



                                 Caption: Breakfast that was made when I woke up every morning.



                                                           Caption: Can you find me?




 Caption: They were giving a show because they were electing a new president. See next photo as well.





                                        Caption: This was the kind girl that let me stay with her.


                                                                      Caption: ZOO


                                                      Caption: About to get on a tour boat.






I am now back at Oxford and it feels much more like home. I think I really needed that break and time back in Texas. I have joined the American Football team, which has been a blast! I hope to get at least two more posts up by the end of my time here. Thanks for following my journey. I hope you have enjoyed it! I sure have!

2 comments:

  1. I guess being able to study in university in berlin is a great chance to have an advance learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful snaps of Berlin. It is a big city that felt like a small town. It was not too busy and full of small shops. For the purpose of pursuing higher education, students have been making efforts to go to foreign shores so that their search of knowledge will be met. In subjects ranging from art to science and commerce, the flow of each demand by students as they pursue their knowledge needs. Pursuing this mainly to make themselves eligible for the best jobs, but some also follow their dream study at the best universities in the world because they want to learn more.

    Oxford University

    ReplyDelete